Notes to the CHAPTER 9
COFFEE, TEA, MATÉ AND SPICES
- 1. Mixtures of the products of headings 0904 to 0910 are to be classified as follows: The addition of other substances to the products of headings 0904 to 0910 (or to the mixtures referred to in paragraph (a) or (b) above) shall not affect their classification, provided that the resulting mixtures retain the essential character of the goods of those headings. Otherwise, such mixtures are not classified in this chapter; those constituting mixed condiments or mixed seasonings are classified in heading 2103.
- (a) mixtures of two or more of the products of the same heading are to be classified in that heading;
- (b) mixtures of two or more of the products of different headings are to be classified in heading 0910.
- 2. This chapter does not cover cubeb pepper (Piper cubeba ) or other products of heading 1211.
- 1. The rate of duty applicable to mixtures referred to in note 1(a) shall be the one applicable to the component having the highest duty rate.