Notes to the CHAPTER 7
EDIBLE VEGETABLES AND CERTAIN ROOTS AND TUBERS
- 1. This chapter does not cover forage products of heading 1214.
- 2. In headings 0709 to 0712, the word "vegetables" includes edible mushrooms, truffles, olives, capers, marrows, pumpkins, aubergines, sweetcorn (Zea mays var. saccharata ), fruits of the genus Capsicum or of the genus Pimenta , fennel, parsley, chervil, tarragon, cress and sweet marjoram (Majorana hortensis or Origanum majorana ).
- 3. Heading 0712 covers all dried vegetables of the kinds falling in headings 0701 to 0711, other than:
- (a) dried leguminous vegetables, shelled (heading 0713);
- (b) sweetcorn in the forms specified in headings 1102 to 1104;
- (c) flour, meal, powder, flakes, granules and pellets of potatoes (heading 1105);
- (d) flour, meal and powder of the dried leguminous vegetables of heading 0713 (heading 1106).
- 4. However, dried or crushed or ground fruits of the genus Capsicum or of the genus Pimenta are excluded from this chapter (heading 0904).
- 5. Heading 0711 applies to vegetables which have been treated solely to ensure their provisional preservation during transport or storage prior to use (for example, by sulphur dioxide gas, in brine, in sulphur water or in other preservative solutions), provided they remain unsuitable for immediate consumption in that state.