Notes to the CHAPTER 36
EXPLOSIVES; PYROTECHNIC PRODUCTS; MATCHES; PYROPHORIC ALLOYS; CERTAIN COMBUSTIBLE PREPARATIONS
- 1. This chapter does not cover separate chemically defined compounds other than those described in note 2(a) or (b) below.
- 2. The expression "articles of combustible materials" in heading 3606 applies only to:
- (a) metaldehyde, hexamethylenetetramine and similar substances, put up in forms (for example, tablets, sticks or similar forms) for use as fuels; fuels with a basis of alcohol, and similar prepared fuels, in solid or semi-solid form;
- (b) liquid or liquefied-gas fuels in containers of a kind used for filling or refilling cigarette or similar lighters and of a capacity not exceeding 300 cm3; and
- (c) resin torches, firelighters and the like.