Notes to the CHAPTER 53
OTHER VEGETABLE TEXTILE FIBRES; PAPER YARN AND WOVEN FABRICS OF PAPER YARN
- (A) For the purposes of subheadings 53061090, 53062090 and 53082090, the expression "put up for retail sale" in relation to yarn (single, multiple or cabled) means, subject to the exceptions in paragraph (B) below, yarn put up:
- (a) in balls or on cards, reels, tubes or similar supports, of a weight (including support) not exceeding 200 grams;
- (b) in hanks or skeins of a weight not exceeding 125 grams;
- (c) in hanks or skeins comprising several smaller hanks or skeins separated by dividing threads which render them independent one of the other, each of uniform weight not exceeding 125 grams.
- (B) Exceptions:
- (a) multiple or cabled yarn, unbleached, in hanks or skeins;
- (b) multiple or cabled yarn, put up:
- (1) in cross-reeled hanks or skeins; or
- (2) put up on supports or in some other manner indicating its use in the textile industry (for example, on cops, twisting mill tubes, pirns, conical bobbins or spindles, or reeled in the form of cocoons for embroidery looms).