Notes to the CHAPTER 86
RAILWAY OR TRAMWAY LOCOMOTIVES, ROLLING STOCK AND PARTS THEREOF; RAILWAY OR TRAMWAY TRACK FIXTURES AND FITTINGS AND PARTS THEREOF; MECHANICAL (INCLUDING ELECTROMECHANICAL) TRAFFIC SIGNALLING EQUIPMENT OF ALL KINDS
- 1. This chapter does not cover:
- (a) railway or tramway sleepers of wood or of concrete, or concrete guide-track sections for hovertrains (heading 4406 or 6810);
- (b) railway or tramway track construction material of iron or steel of heading 7302; or
- (c) electrical signalling, safety or traffic control equipment of heading 8530.
- 2. Heading 8607 applies, inter alia, to:
- (a) axles, wheels, wheel sets (running gear), metal tyres, hoops and hubs and other parts of wheels;
- (b) frames, underframes, bogies and bissel-bogies;
- (c) axle-boxes; brake gear;
- (d) buffers for rolling-stock; hooks and other coupling gear and corridor connections;
- (e) coachwork.
- 3. Subject to the provisions of note 1 above, heading 8608 applies, inter alia, to:
- (a) assembled track, turntables, platform buffers, loading gauges;
- (b) semaphores, mechanical signal discs, level-crossing control gear, signal and point controls, and other mechanical (including electro-mechanical) signalling, safety or traffic control equipment, whether or not fitted for electric lighting, for railways, tramways, roads, inland waterways, parking facilities, port installations or airfields.