Definition: Dangerous goods
The classes of dangerous goods carried by Road are those defined by the fifteenth revised edition of the UN Recommendations on the Transport of Dangerous Goods, United Nations, Geneva 2007.
- Class 1: Explosives
- Class 2: Gases
- Class 3: Flammable liquids
- Class 4: Flammable solids; substances liable to spontaneous combustion; substances which, on contact with water, emit flammable gases
- Class 5: Oxidizing substances and organic peroxides
- Class 6: Toxic and infectious substances
- Class 7: Radioactive material
- Class 8: Corrosive substances
- Class 9: Miscellaneous dangerous substances and articles.
(Fourth version of the Transport Glossary)
The classes of dangerous goods carried by road are those defined by the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR).
(Third version of the Transport Glossary)
International Transport Forum, Eurostat, United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE), "Illustrated Glossary for Transport Statistics", 4th Edition, Luxembourg 2009