Definition: Deaths of enterprises
The death of an enterprise may arise from one of the following movements:
- closure of an enterprise;
- merger of enterprise;
- the absorption of a subsidiary;
- demerger (split);
- closure with the transfer of an existing local unit (or part thereof);
- restructuration within an enterprise group;
- apparent closure caused by an enterprise withdrawing from a field of activity.
Details of the deaths of enterprises resulting from the movements listed above are laid down in the Recommendations manual for business registers.